ENTREPRENEUR, BUSINESS STRATEGIST & FRACTIONAL C-SUITE EXECUTIVE
An entrepreneur at the core, technically savvy and financially astute business leader and operator with a record of creating new & innovative opportunities. Creative thinker with 20+ years of finding & owning the “white space” and building new platforms, pivoting businesses, and developing new markets. Dynamic team builder and leader with exceptional relationship management, and operational skills, adept at bringing people together, instilling shared vision, fostering collaboration, and “getting things done!”
After spending 10 years building the first true 360˚ model for branded entertainment in the parenting sector, Todobebé, raising $15M in private equity and then successfully selling the company to Entravision in 2012, Cynthia has been advising some of the top brands, VC’s, Family Offices and Startups across entertainment, media, technology and v-commerce sectors helping todevelop new opportunities that drive deeper integration of content and brands, create monetizable short and long form content andIP, developing strategic partnerships for licensing & product distribution, and working with a cross-section of brandsas an advisor and investment liaison.
- Audible | Advisor: Hired to build a bi-lingual GTM strategy for the US Hispanic consumer experience. The USH GTM strategy is now the basis for the rollout to Latam & Spain.
- Bose Ventures | Advisor: Hired by venture team to pivot a tech startup investment from a pure B2C play into a robust B2B premium activation and data-mining platform.
- Sony Music US Latin | Advisor & Interim CRO: Developed new business platforms that extend Sony’s range of artists and bring together brand opportunities via a 360 scalable platform. Developed (evergreen) Emerging Artist Platform, Filtr LIVE!, reaching multicultural millennial audiences across mobile, digital, social, TV, radio, touring, and content development and brand amplification.
- True Gault | Advisor & Interim COO: True Gault is the first SaaS-based 3D modeling company and fit formula solving both custom high-heel fit shoes (no size/B2C), with patented technology and IP for large scale data analytics & AI / Avatar integration.
- Mi Padrino | Advisor & Interim CRO: Mi Padrino is the #1 app and platform for planning Hispanic events. Hired by CEO as acting CRO to drive brand promotion and open up new areas of revenue including advertising sales, digital video series, and PR (B2B & B2C). Attend funding pitches & lead brand presentations
- Diamond CBD | Advisor: Develop, secure & negotiate licensing opportunities across beauty, health & wellness, fragrance, and pets.
- NGL Collective | Advisor Female Lifestyle Vertical: Re-boot existing O&O properties Hispanic Kitchen & Latina Moms including content acquisition, creative (look & feel), re-branding, social media, content marketing & CRM, analytics, sales materials/pitching and overarching budget.
Cynthia started her career in the early 90’s in PC industry and then joined Ingram Micro, the largest global distributor of technology products. She saw the opportunity to apply her operations experience to the web and left for Silicon Valley during the height of the Internet boom working for IAC and consulting for the Intel Investment Group.
In 1998, fueled by her passion and understanding of the unique and growing Hispanic market, she built a successful consulting practice dedicated to the Hispanic and Latin American segments with clients including AOL, Volkswagen, Audi, Panasonic Mexico, Kraft, and Delta Airlines. She also worked as a consultant for Tribal DDB and DDB Corporate on client strategy and ecommerce projects forMcDonald’s, Betty Crocker, and Sony Entertainment.
Cynthia joined the executive team of Todobebé in 2003 and built the first-ever 360 media company dedicated to the parenting genre in Spanish. In her role as COO, she had responsibility for the development and integration of sales, marketing, technology, product licensing, content syndication& licensing, consumer research, branded product development and strategic partnerships. She developed integrated multi-year, multimillion-dollar deals and worked with some of the largest brands and content distribution partners in the world including Walmart, P&G, Clorox, Disney, Hasbro, Mattel, Univision, Telemundo, NBC, YouTube, Google and Televisa. In this role, she received the 1st Pioneer Prevention Award for Changing Health Disparity among underserved populations presented by former U.S. Surgeon General Dr. Richard Carmona.
Ms. Nelson has been a speaker and contributor for publications including Ad Tech, AdWeek, Brandweek, APP Nation, Digital Hollywood, Jupiter Research, e-Marketer, Marketing to Moms, IMPACT15, Forrester Research, CDC-Technology and Moms, National Head Start Association, Hispanics Executives in Information Technology (HiTEch) Summit, Health Marketing to Women, IQPC Brazil, Portada, Latin Vision, Planet Good Radio, Ogilvy Culture and DM News. She is a board member of JT Children’s Foundationin Tecpan, Guatemala and advisory board member of mobile technology firm Go Canvas.
A native of Southern California she currently resides in Brooklyn with her husband Nils and pup Sugar.
Check Out Her Site: Luminacion