Beth co-founded Socium Fund Services to bring the alternative asset community a private fund focused administrator that combines advanced technology with high-touch consultative client service. Beth has over 25 years of financial services experience in institutional fixed income portfolio management and fund administration. Beth’s passion for providing superior client service has fueled her desire to offer boutique fund services to the private fund industry.
Prior to co-founding Socium, Beth was a Senior Managing Director and the Head of Investor Services for the Alternative Investment Solutions group of U.S. Bancorp Fund Services. In this role, Beth developed and directed the investor on-boarding AML/KYC procedures, and all aspects of investor due diligence and reporting. Before joining U.S. Bancorp, Beth was the financial controller of Hilltown Capital Management’s fixed income credit fund. Beth began her career at Bloomberg LP, followed by Dresdner RCM Capital Management and Seneca Capital Management with a focus on institutional portfolio management.
Beth is a graduate of Rider University with a Bachelor’s of Science in Finance, and is a CFA charter holder.
- Beth, you’ve had a long and successful career in financial services and you are now the co-founder of Socium Fund Services, a boutique fund administrator focused on facilitating the back office needs for private funds. Please speak about your path and how your perspective has evolved along the way.
- You mentioned that you’ve been lucky to have good mentors, men and women who have guided or helped you on your path. Please share an anecdote or two with our podcast listeners.
- If you could travel your path again, is there anything you would change?
- How does the business you’ve built since 2016 reflect the values shared by you and your Socium co-founders?
- Please speak to diversity in the fund sphere. As there simply aren’t very many private fund or service provider founders that are women, what do you think can shift us in the right direction?
- What are you passionate about and how has that led you down the path you’ve travelled? What interests you that perhaps you’ve had less time to pursue given the rigors of business life?
- Diversity in asset management and financial services is a big current topic given recent events in the US. Please speak to why you think diversity matters.